Meet Raffi Margossian, DDS, MSD, Oral Surgeon Burbank CA
Dr. Margossian is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and maxillofacial prosthodontist who has been in private practice in Burbank for more than 14 years.
Dr. Margossian practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery. He’s an active staff member at St. Joseph Providence in Burbank and Glendale Adventist Hospital in Glendale.
Dr. Margossian graduated from Indiana University School of Dentistry where he also specialized in maxillofacial prosthodontics. Following that he underwent the oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program at the University of Florida in Jacksonville and Gainesville. Following his residency program, Dr. Margossian underwent a fellowship program in facial reconstructive surgery at Missouri Baptist Hospital in St. Louis, MO.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Thesis best research award by the American Association Of Maxillofacial Prosthodontists.
- Recognition by the State Senator and Los Angeles Mayor for contributions to Burbank Kids Clinic in 2008.
- Special Honoree Commendation by the County of Los Angeles and the California Legislature Assembly, 2011
PAST & PRESENT POSITIONS
Dr. Margossian is the staff oral surgeon at the Burbank Kids Community Clinic.
Previously, he served as a faculty member at Indiana University School of Dentistry Prosthodontics Department, Oral Hygiene Department and the Oral Surgery Department at USC School of Dentistry. He is the past chairman of Oral Surgery and Dentistry Department at St. Joseph Hospital in Burbank and a member of head and neck tumor team at Disney Cancer Center.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Southern California Orofacial Academy
- International College of Oral Implantologists
- Academy Of Osseointegration
- “TMJ Diagnosis and Treatments”, Armenian Dental Society of California, April 15 2001
- “Treatment of Head and Neck Infections”, Armenian International Congress May 11 2005
- “Advances In Implant Therapy”, St. Joseph Providence February 12 2007
- “Implant Therapy”, Armenian American Medical Association” September 17 2007
- “Immediate Implant Treatments”, Armenian Dental Society of California” November 13 2008
- “New Wave in Implant Therapy” , St. Joseph Providence May 7 2009
- “Anatomic Problems in Implant Surgery“, Los Angeles Esthetic Dentistry June 6 2011
- “Complications in Implant Surgery”, Los Angeles Esthetic Dentistry November 12 2011